Dr. Normand Miller is a Board Certified Vascular Surgeon, and the Medical Director and owner of the Aesthetic & Vein Center MD. For several years, Dr. Miller and his experienced staff have helped people from New England with troublesome varicose veins look and feel better. In fact, over the last 10 years, he has performed over 5,000 procedures for the treatment of varicose veins under simple local anesthesia. Dr. Miller has dedicated his practice to the office-based diagnosis and treatment of varicose and spider veins.
Dr. Miller has published several articles in peer-reviewed journals and presented several times at medical conferences on the diagnosis and treatment of venous diseases. He was also asked to teach various topics in the field of Phlebology to different groups of physicians, namely the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine.
Dr. Miller is Board Certified in Vascular Surgery. He has been using ultrasound technology in the evaluation and treatment of varicose veins for 20 years and has over 10 years of experience as director of a non-invasive Vascular Laboratory. He is also certified as a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) and obtained the accreditation of his Vascular Laboratory by the IAC (Intersocietal Accreditation Commission) for the third consecutive time, in 2015.
In June 2015, he passed the exam and received certification as a Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI), reflecting the importance he places on ultrasound diagnostics. This credential from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography means that Dr. Miller demonstrates the education, clinical experience, and knowledge about the anatomy and blood flow of the veins and of the cerebrovascular, venous, peripheral and abdominal blood vessels.
These skills, knowledge, and experience enable Dr. Miller to make the correct diagnosis using ultrasound and to plan the best treatment for your varicose veins. Dr. Miller will not plan any treatment without personally evaluating the leg by ultrasound.
Dr. Miller understands that every patient is different. He will tailor the treatment to each individual, using Endovenous Laser Treatment (ELT), Radiofrequency (RF) Closure, Ultrasound-Guided Sclerotherapy and/ or Microincisional Phlebectomy.
- Medical School – Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec
- Residency – General Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- Fellowship – Vascular Surgery, Englewood Hospital, New Jersey,
- Fellow of The American College of Surgeons
- Active Member, American College of Phlebology
- Society for Vascular Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American Society of Cosmetic Physicians
- Board Certified, Vascular Surgery
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT)
- Certified by the American Board of Laser Surgery
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI)